Thursday, June 10, 2010

Love Should Be Enough.......

I have always been one of those people that thought love was enough and should be able to get you through anything but is it really? I always felt that if you loved someone and they loved you back then you should be able to work through anything but apparently it is not that simple. I just watched Dear John today and it left me thinking the same way the Notebook got me thinking... Is there really a love like that? Or is it just in movies that such an unconditional love exists. You know the kind of love that keeps growing each day and continues to get deeper and stronger. The kind of love that forgives easily and loves during the good and especially the bad. A deep connection that keeps two as one forever. The truth is that I do not know if such a love exists in reality.

In reality, I see a love that is ready to give up so easily when there is a storm. I see a love that can hardly make it through the stormy days. I do not think people really know what it means to be in love and to truly love someone. Everyone is so quick to say those three words to anyone without even fully understanding what they mean and what comes with saying them. The truth is that when you really do love someone you never stop loving them. You may stop being in love with them but whether you like it or not no matter what they do to you would always love them. It's almost as though a small piece of them becomes a part of you forever. I was once told to fall for someone who is willing to catch me but that would be easier done if one could choose who they fall for. I wish love could be enough and two people loving themselves be enough but it is not always so.... :(
Love always and 4eva,
Daddy's little girl (Mbang)..xoxo

2 comments:

Mwajim Al said...

'Love' that doesn't weather through storms, and is quick to fade isn't love at all. Yes, the images on television may seem a facade, but its what society wants to get to... And yet, it is possible to have love that conquers all... because it is meant to cover multitudes... its too bad that we have all messed it up as you said, we are quick to say those 3 words without realizing the full extent of what it means. Yet, we still gotta press on and share the love :)

Unknown said...

"Is there really a love like that? Or is it just in movies that such an unconditional love exists"

Bimpe, hmmm... great words. True love does exist o. I am not talking of the kind of 'love' we see around us. I am talking about the God kind of love. Yes, it does. You just have to look in the right places, Bimple. If you have not yet found one, I pray God will order your step aright. It is well.

- LDP

PS: thanks for following my blog :)