Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Do bad things really happen to good people?

This is one of those topics that there really is no right or wrong answer so basically, I am just going to say what my opinions are about this philosophy. Growing up I saw that my uncles and auntie’s that were some of the nicest people either passed away or had major problems. I am an optimist and have always believed that things do not stay the same for long but some experiences in my life and other peoples lives close to me have proved me wrongness have been people I know that have been battling with the same problem since I have known them and it's still there. In fact, many of the people I know going through a lot of issues are really good people so why is this so?

Now, that is a question that cannot be answered because that's life. Many people when they start to encounter problems and challenges there are two things that can happen to them. It's either they come out stronger as a survivor or they give in to their situation such in a way that it breaks them. If there is one thing I have learned from life is that everyone has problems. Yes, these problems vary in the amount but everyone has their share of issues. I know it may look like some people do not have any problems but remember, "Things are not always the way they seem." It is true that life does suck sometimes in fact for some most times but its no excuse for not rising above your problems because whenever you think your problems are bad there is always someone going through much worse and somehow they are coping so you can find the strength to do so as well.

I used to say that December was not my month and because I strongly believed this it became true. Every time December came I was always dealing with some serious issues but I met someone that saw so much in me and somehow that person made me realize that I am stronger and better than I give my self-credit. From that day I decided that I was no longer going to label December as my SUPER BAD MONTH and I tell you this past December was different. Yes I still had a lot that I was dealing with in some ways more than I have had to deal with every other December but I chose to be happy through it all. Slowly, the good started happening and even though many of my problems still remained I had a lot to be thankful for so i was at peace. And with time my problems seemed so far away. True happiness lies within and yes its true you need to be comfortable financially enough to be happy but at the same time, when it comes down to it all those things do not matter. What matters is the people you have in your life. Trust me they can make all the difference in the world. So yes, the truth is that bad things do happen to good people and yes despite what you may be going through, you can make your way back from anything. Just remember that YOU ARE NOT ALONE or the first one to experience such problems and that there are people out there going through similar and worse issues. Nothing ever remains the same so just hang in there because there is always a light at the end of the tunnel..

Love always, Daddy's little Girl (Mbang)xoxo

4 comments:

Nuke said...

Am glad ur back!!!... Stumbled upon ur blog one way or another and was happy you got back into your writing mood... Remember, someone is always reading...

Unknown said...

Awwww thanks so much.. You just motivated me to keep writing.. Never quite saw it like that.

Anonymous said...

Hi Bimpe! Remember me;yemisi 4rm ladipo oluwole parish lagos... bin readin ur work & i must say, i'm so impressed. u realy challenge me to do more... I grateful to God 4pple lyk u. U r a rare gem...

Unknown said...

Hi Yemisi i actually remember you.. How have you been and all that.. I am glad that you find my blog interesting and i thank you so much for the kind words...