Thursday, February 25, 2010

Its been two years.. So i guess i just had to

Well, I cannot believe that it has already been two years since I started my blog because it still feels like it was only yesterday. I know that I have not stayed as dedicated to blogging as I should so, maybe that's why two years seems like such a long time. Today was my dad's 60th birthday and besides the fact that I miss him so much I felt at peace with myself. Yes in class and at my apartment I drift away in thought every now and then but like I said I was at peace. Every now and then, I couldn't help but wonder if he would be proud of the young woman his little girl was coming.

For a very long time now, I have been wanting to sponsor a child but considering I am always broke I have not yet set out to do so. Just two weeks ago i was watching a random channel that i never watch on TV and just when i was about to switch off my TV and go to bed, an advertisement came on about an international non-profit organization that caters to the needs of under privileged children. Considering that I never watch that station I could not help but think that the advertisement was for me so I took down the number so that I could call them when I was more stable financially. I have been giving it a lot of thought and today i finally called them and I am proud and happy to say that i am now sponsoring a little boy in the Philippines. Yes i am always broke and do not have any regular income coming in monthly but I don't care because I am going to sponsor this little boy that needs me for as long as long can be. If I had my way I would sponsor more than one child but unfortunately am not yet at that point in my life to do so and if I did that I may just be the one that needs sponsoring eventually..lol. I know this is random and all but I have been giving much thought to adopting a child I mean not now but eventually.. I mean why not?.. I would be privileged to give a needy child a place to call home. Everyone deserves a shot at being happy and living a fairly comfortable life.

I knew that this day was gonna be memorable but i under-estimated how special it was gonna be for me. I know that a lot of people want to help but only have little to give so do not. The truth is that if you keep waiting for the right time you are going to be waiting forever so sometimes you just have to let go of all your worries, concern and fears and just make it happen. I know it is not easy but most times the most difficult things to do are the experiences that change our lives and make us stronger people. I have faith in you so today i challenge you to start from somewhere. Nothing is too small even if its just words of encouragement. Remember YOU ARE NOT ALONE...
Love always,
Daddy's Little Girl (Mbang)....xoxo

2 comments:

Mwajim Al said...

Can't believe am only seeing this post just now. Yes dear he is proud of you, just as we all are. Love the fact that you are willing to stretch out to reach out to that child out there... Keep hanging in there, it will be celebrations at the end.
P.S you should out up stuff more, you have me tip toeing as i wait :)

Unknown said...

Awww thanks love... And yep am going to start updating my blog more.. That's one of my new year resolutions..