Sunday, September 11, 2011

"No we're not lucky, we're BLESSED!!!"

Sometimes I forget to remember how blessed and fortunate I am and am trying not to do that again. This happens especially when I feel things are not going the way I want them to go or when things are not working out well. Anyways, if you can tell I haven’t blogged for a while and though from time to time I find myself scrabbling stuff on a piece of paper, or writing stuff in the memo pad on my blackberry I have been struggling to actually write a full post and put it up. It’s weird because I get inspiration to write all the time, every day; whether its from the lyrics of songs (i.e. Coldplay, Dido) talking to people, meeting new people or watching a show and a scene comes up with the right music playing it can be so personal for me. But, somehow I find a way to procrastinate blogging. I kept telling myself that I would blog when I start my NGO but seeing as that is taking longer than I hoped it would I might as well start blogging again now that I got serious inspiration.

Yesterday I went to the palms to go see a movie with a couple of friends. For those of you who don’t know what the palm is, it’s a shopping mall in Nigeria where every one well, maybe not everyone but most people are overdressed like their going to the club. Like it’s pretty intense some days most babes are in really high heels and
I always feel so under dressed lol. But yea, so my friend came with some of her other friends one of which was physically disabled. The crazy thing is that though she’s on a wheel chair she doesn’t let it upset her or stop her from doing absolutely everything. She is one of the liveliest people I have met and her out look on life is so amazing. Despite her disability, she would do everything she can possibly do herself and be pleasant about it. She does not allow this disability to limit her or define her.

Most of us have it so much easier though we are still ungrateful, depressed and limit ourselves. We do not have any physical or mental disability limiting us though we limit ourselves. We don’t need someone to take us to the bathroom just to use the toilet or, to lift us up to sit down and many little things we take for granted put yet we do not realize how blessed and lucky we are. So many people are lacking the basic things we have like food, shelter, clean water and good health but yet we seem to think we have it bad. Many people do not know where their next meal is coming from. Yes, things may be pretty bad with you but there are so many people that have it worse so even when things are pretty shitty (excuse my language) there are still many reasons for us to be grateful.

Today is also September 11 and it’s been 10 years ago since the terrorist attack occurred in New York. So many lives were lost and though it’s been ten years, families and friends of victims especially are hurting like it just happened all over again. My prayers and thoughts are with you and also to anyone out there who may have lost someone dear to them from my personal experiences it gets better, you get better. One day you wake up and it doesn’t hurt as much and even if it does you learn to deal with it. Just remember you’re not alone and though it may seem dark, lonely and difficult right now the sun will eventually come out. Things would get better. Like I always say, you can make your way back from anything and your not alone☺

PS: Special shout out to my sister Toun who just joined the blog world Yay!!. Be sure to check her out on: http://toun-anjous.blogspot.com/


Love always,
Daddy’s Little girl (Mbang)…..xoxo

7 comments:

bussyq said...

This post is really inspirational, Bimpe. we are all truly blessed and barely realise it.

toun anjous said...

Awww truly heartfelt. I must say it reminded me of something Joel Osteen said about Joy being in our hearts. Most times, we focus so much on things going on around us, comparing ourselves to others without realising that if we focus on the inside and look at the things God has done/is doing in the past/present, we would see how blessed we are. The girl is also a reminder that we should be thankful and content regardless. Impressive!!!

Wande said...

Gave me something to seriously think about as always....

Please don't go MIA again! :P

Toyosi said...

Mbang, my calabar love, this is really inspirational. Its making me think alot due to all my recent complains. Thank you for this blog.

ayowole said...

my grandad used to tell me "If you cry because the sun has gone out of your life, your tears will prevent you from seeing the stars." we forget so easily how little things or each situations matter. Thank you Bimpe reminding me

Mwajim Al said...

awwwww :) Blog more often :)

Unknown said...

Thanks a lot for the encouragement guys.. I'm so glad I could remind you again that its the little things that count and that there are so many other people that have it so much worse..